Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mum, I'll always need you

It's Mother's Day again. And I bought a card for Mummy. I've never been good in putting my thoughts down in words, and this card really hits the spot. It had one of Gail Dickert's works on it. I shall put it here... to remind all those who miss their mums, but are so tied up with their own lives and are guilty for not being able to be there at her side: that you'll always need your mum - no matter how old you are. I know how all of you feel.

Mom, I'll always need you
No matter how old I get,
I'll still need to hear you say
     you're proud of me.
I'll need your advice,
     even though I may not take it.
I'll need to know how you are -
     even when you don't feel well
     or would rather not "burden" me
     with your problems.
No matter how busy I get,
     I'll always need to hear you say
     you thought of me today.
I'll need to hear your voice,
     even if I may not have
     enough time to talk.
I still need to know you love me.

No matter how upset I am,
     I'll always need to hear you say
     that you know & can handle it.
I'll still need to hear
     your honest opinion,
     even though it might annoy me.
I'll want to know about
     your experiences,
     even if it takes me years
     to learn from them
     or apply them to my own situations.

No matter what's going on in my life...
     I'll always need you, Mom.

~Gail Dickert

No comments:

Post a Comment